Dr. Ken Anderson, MD, FISHRS, is a double-board certified facial plastic surgeon who dedicated his career to the specialty of Hair Restoration Surgery in 2003. He is the only facial plastic surgeon on Planet Earth to have practiced exclusively hair restoration surgery for over 14 years. He is the founder and medical director of the Anderson Center for Hair, with two world-class facilities in the metro Atlanta area, each equipped with an ARTAS® system. Dr. Anderson has been performing Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) procedures (e.g.: the type of hair transplant Dr. Anderson now uses the ARTAS® system to perform) since 2003. A decade later in 2013 he was the very first physician in the State of Georgia to perform ARTAS® robotic hair transplant surgery, and is one of the busiest ARTAS® centers in the USA. To date, Dr. Anderson has transplanted over 400,000 follicles using the ARTAS® system.
The Anderson Center for Hair is one of two national training centers for the Restoration Robotics Corporation, the company that designed and manufactured the ARTAS® robotic system. He is an internationally recognized expert in hair restoration surgery. Dr. Anderson has given talks around the globe on hair restoration surgery and on the FUE method of performing the surgery, and in 2011 won the Okinawa Award for his presentations to the Japan Society of Clinical Hair Restoration. He has been performing FUE surgery since 2003, and has performed over 10,000 surgeries in his 20 years’ experience in the field of hair restoration and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Anderson completed medical school at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine with honors. He then completed a six-year surgical residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (ENT Surgery) at the University of Michigan Hospital System, followed by a surgical fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He is board certified in both ENT surgery as well as Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Anderson was in private practice in Beverly Hills, California until 2008. In that year, he was recruited by EMORY Healthcare to serve as the Chief of Hair Restoration Surgery. From 2008 to 2011 Dr. Anderson held this position with EMORY Healthcare, teaching resident physicians and delivering Grand Rounds presentations to the faculty and staff of the Departments of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and Dermatology. Dr. Anderson is currently an Assistant Clinical Professor at the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA Medical Center) in the Department of Surgery, Division of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- Chief of Hair Restoration Surgery for EMORY Healthcare 2008-2011, Atlanta, GA
- Winner of Best Hair Restoration Practice in Atlanta from Best Self Magazine four years in a row (2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017)
- Winner of Atlanta Magazine “Best Doctor of Atlanta” 3 years in a row (2015, 2016 and 2017) by the editors and readership of Atlanta Magazine, an award-winning publication founded in 1961 with a circulation of over 100,000 in the Atlanta area
- Fellow of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (e.g.: FISHRS), the highest recognized category of participate and contribution to the world’s largest organization of hair restoration surgeons. Typically requires 10 or more years of exclusive practice of hair restoration surgery
- Faculty member, International Society of Regenerative Medicine
- Dr. Anderson was the first surgeon to perform a complete hair restoration procedure using the FUE technique (2004), and was a co-author on the paper published in the medical literature. (Bernstein RM, Rassman WR, Anderson KW: FUE Megasessions; Evolution of a Technique. Hair Transplant Forum International, 14(3):116-17, 2004.)
- Dr. Anderson is the only board certified facial plastic surgeon in the world to have practiced exclusively hair restoration surgery for over 14 years
- National Winner of the Doctors’ Choice Award in the category of Plastic Surgery for 2015. This is an award in which only other physicians may cast a vote.
- Only physician in Georgia to be recommended by the American Hair Loss Association
- Only physician in Georgia who is a member of the International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
- First in Georgia (2013) to offer the ARTAS® Robotic Hair Transplant procedure
Information on this page is provided by the respective physician or physician’s practice. While Restoration Robotics, Inc. makes every effort to provide accurate information on this Physician Information Page, Restoration Robotics makes no representations, warranties, or guaranties as to the quality, suitability, truth, timeliness, accuracy or completeness of any of the information contained on this Physician Information Page. The information is presented “as is” and may include, for example, typographical errors or technical inaccuracies.